24 April 2011

When I think of Bali...

When I think of Bali...
by Lillian Sanpere Tarragona on Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:15pm

....I think of this idyllic place where I want to live, on the beach, in a hut, with beauty all around me. But there are other realities. As a midwife I read this and yearn for a different experience in Bali. One of joining a midwife like Robin and helping make a difference for these poor women. Read how it is for some families who, because they have no money, cannot bring their babies home from the hospital or whose newborns just disappear. So sad.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/journalismcompetition/no-money-no-baby

Like · · Share · Delete

Laura Gilkey Beautiful words, Lillian. We'll make sure you get to screen Guerrilla Midwife up there soon and share your feelings with your community...it's a powerful film.

May 6, 2010 at 11:17pm · Like

No comments: