24 April 2011

My Firstborn

My First-Born
by Lillian Sanpere Tarragona on Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 5:13pm

A different kind of survey for a change, it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD PLANNED?
No, it was just not prevented. We'll see what happens.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME YOU GOT PREGNANT?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excited, the thought of having a baby was something that just popped into my life, and like all I do, I adjusted.

4. HOW LONG HAD YOU BEEN TRYING (IF PLANNED)?
Nah, not trying, besides we were newlyweds

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
19 when I got preggers and 20 when she was born

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Ha!! In those days (oh my), you had to wait for 2 weeks after a missed period and take an early morning urine sample to the doctor, for the dead bunny test. I had dropped off my husband at work and had been holding it all morning. I had to go so badly, so I stopped off at a friend's house and I needed a container. All he had was a 7-UP bottle, you know the kind, with the little opening? Yeah, I am good, I filled that bottle half-way up (16 ounce bottle). You wonder if I got any on my hands, right?

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband, then my mama.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Not much of an option in those days, unless I did amniocentesis. Instead I learned it was a girl with mom's little games. I sat on the spoon(girl).

9. DUE DATE?
September 24 and she was born 8 days later

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No, I did not have anything. I looked down and saw that belly and it's like wow, I am pregnant. Didn't need to once she started kicking around.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Nothing.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Nothing, I was one happy mama.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
about 24

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
yes, my mom and her friends did.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
Nope!

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
None at all. Great pregnancy.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Mercy Hospital in Miami, same hospital where I was born.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
about 15, like all of mine.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Bill and my mom. We had to stop frequently so I could puke. UGH

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Well, planned to have husband there, but since at the last push they were knocking me out they kicked him out. Stupid, very stupid.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural? Well, I saw her head coming through in the mirror up in the corner of the room. I was watching it and Helga the nurse covered my face and knocked me out!

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
No.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6lbs 6oz (hey, what happened to 25 and 26?

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
October 2nd. It was glorious. And for my mom, it was real cool; she had a grand-daughter and that afternoon she went to the swearing-in ceremony and became a US citizen.

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Layla Marie.
I chose Layla, for that song was popular and I knew no one named Layla.
Marie was chosen by Bill for his grandmother.

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
36 years old. Can you believe it?

Like · · Share · Delete

Nerea Llona likes this.

Melissa Kriger awww, this is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing :)
February 5, 2009 at 5:18pm · Like

No comments: