24 April 2011

Doctors have Discovered

Doctors have discovered.....
by Lillian Sanpere Tarragona on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 6:59pm

So I am watching CBS evening news and lo and behold, doctors have discovered that maternal milk is important for the survival of premature babies. OH really? Doctors are so smart, aren't they.

They discovered episiotomies may not be necessary after all. GASP
They discovered it is ok to drink in labor and not jsut have ice chips (I am sure they are about to discover it is ok to eat in labor) Oh Boy!!
The list goes on.
And midwifes get poopood.

My brother is a doctor fan..... when I told him that it is ok to be in the sun he laughed at me.
When I told him I did not give antibiotics, did not give immunizations and breastfed on demand..... well you get the picture. Doctors are going to discover those issues as well.
I love doctors, I really do, one saved my life, but it is these types of things that makes me angry..... having to fight for what one thinks is the right thing to do, years before they think it's ok..... ahhhh what the hell, I am just preaching to the choir.
LOVE YA

Like · · Share · Delete

Nerea Llona, Thais Wilhite- O'Leary, Listen Wingate and 5 others like this.

Bridget GuruBeant Kamke Member of the choir here.
April 10, 2009 at 7:41pm · Like

Lillian Sanpere Tarragona Years ago it was so difficult to suggest that breastmilk be given to babies that were sick or premature. No one would listen. I cried.
Mom's milk changes with the needs of her baby. The milk of a mother with a preemie has different consis...See More
April 10, 2009 at 8:35pm · Like

Kanani Johnson Wahoo! MM and I laughed at the "discovery". They made it sound like the mother's milk varied so much that it wasn't "reliable" yet, the results show that it is the best...

I don't know what my maternal g-ma did for my uncle but he survived...See More
April 11, 2009 at 12:27am · Like

Lillian Sanpere Tarragona LOL, he is my emblem of "fed up"
April 11, 2009 at 11:11am · Like

Cecilia Ann Mitchell Perfect pic for this post. ;-) Don't you love it when "they" figure out something we have been telling our people for decades?

And, yeah, the food thing in labor? Just came out a couple of weeks ago. SHOCKER! Here:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=66474261993&h=5SRqX&u=CoNym&ref=mf
April 11, 2009 at 12:03pm · Like

No comments: