24 April 2011

For all those who nurse in public.....

For all those who nurse in public.....
by Lillian Sanpere Tarragona on Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 11:27pm

I do not know who wrote this but it is cute.....

Dr. Seuss for Nursing Moms

Would you nurse her in the park?
Would you nurse him in the dark?
Would you nurse him with a Boppy?
And when your boobs are feeling floppy?

I would nurse him in the park,
I would nurse her in the dark.
I’d nurse with or without a Boppy.
Floppy boobs will never stop me.

Can you nurse with your seat belt on?
Can you nurse from dusk till dawn?
Though she may pinch me, bite me, pull,
I will nurse her `till she’s full!

Can you nurse and make some soup?
Can you nurse and feed the group?
It makes her healthy strong and smart,
Mommy’s milk is the best start!

Would you nurse him at the game?
Would you nurse her in the rain?
In front of those who dare complain?
I would nurse him at the game.
I would nurse her in the rain.

As for those who protest lactation,
I have the perfect explanation.
Mommy’s milk is tailor made
It’s the perfect food, you need no aid.

Some may scoff and some may wriggle,
Avert their eyes or even giggle.
To those who can be cruel and rude,
Remind them breast’s the perfect food!

I would never scoff or giggle,
Roll my eyes or even wiggle!
I would not be so crass or crude,
I KNOW that this milk’s the perfect food!

We make the amount we need
The perfect temp for every feed.
There’s no compare to milk from breast-
The perfect food, above the rest.

Those sweet nursing smiles are oh so sweet,
Mommy’s milk is such a treat.
Human milk just can’t be beat.

I will nurse, in any case,
On the street or in your face.
I will not let my baby cry,
I’ll meet her needs, I’ll always try.
It’s not about what’s good for you,
It’s best for babies, through and through.

I will nurse her in my home,
I will nurse her when I roam.
Leave me be lads and ma’am.
I will nurse her, Mom I am.

Like · · Share · Delete

Lindsey Morrow, Rebecca Harris and 2 others like this.
Christy Collins I LOVE THAT Alice! ♥
February 18, 2010 at 11:38pm via Facebook Mobile · Like

Jeanne Madrid sweet
February 18, 2010 at 11:58pm · Like

Charisma Davies I'm getting a lot fewer looks of mortification this time around than I did with the older ones. I'm proud of Tallahassee :o)
February 19, 2010 at 8:07am · Like

Margo Flippo Penton Not sure why I have tears streaming down my face.
February 19, 2010 at 9:26am · Like

Debby Babb I nursed all my babies in public..discreetly..never ever in a bathroom, yuck
February 19, 2010 at 9:58am · Like

Tanashia Roberts Huff Beautiful!
February 19, 2010 at 10:24am · Like

Margo Flippo Penton Did anyone notice that the "nursing room" at the Governor Sq Mall is just a large bathroom with a chair in the corner? It also happens to be where most people go when they have to poop at the mall. GROSS! I'll nurse in the food court, where everyone else gets to eat, thank you!
February 19, 2010 at 2:02pm · Like

Lillian Sanpere Tarragona Mid 1970s I fed Kristopher in the bathroom at a restaurant and I will always remember this one woman's disapproving look, even in there. I left and decided never again. I do not care where..... I will nurse him in my home, I will nurse him where I roam!!! Growl!!!!!
February 19, 2010 at 2:41pm · Like

Margo Flippo Penton I will say, I have nursed my children while on the potty at my house lots of times. Sometimes they just won't wait until Mama is finished. :)
February 19, 2010 at 2:45pm via · Like

Debby Babb We lived at the Comanche dock when my 1st child was born and while eating dinner at Comanche one night I went to the bathroom and there perched on the counter,resting against the mirror was a woman nursing her new baby.She apologized and quickly stopped feeding and hopped down..it was so bloody hot in there and no ventilation...I vowed right then never to putmyself or my child in that situation.
February 19, 2010 at 2:49pm · Like

Cecilia Ann Mitchell I didn't nurse in the bathroom, and I didn't give much thought to being discreet either. In fact, I don't think we should even try to be discreet. It's not like breastfeeding is something to be ashamed of! I feel strongly enough about this topic that I devoted a whole section of my website to it. ;-) http://birthyourwayjax.com/public.htm
February 19, 2010 at 4:10pm · Like

Lillian Sanpere Tarragona Big difference to how things were in the 70s when NO ONE nursed (well it seems like almost no one.... the rest were hiding). Many of my patients still want to hide or be discreet... no matter how hard I try to change their ways. They will get it after a while I'm sure.
February 19, 2010 at 4:38pm · Like

Selma Faucher we breast fed each others babies, thats how much things have changed.
February 19, 2010 at 10:23pm · Like

Lillian Sanpere Tarragona So true, Selma, we all did that. My kids have what we call in Spanish, milk brothers/sisters. (Hermanos de leche)
Some years ago I transferred a patient to the hospital and my assistant who was my patient's friend went up with us. She had ...See More
February 19, 2010 at 10:47pm · Like

Renee Early milk siblings.. I LOVE that idea! I nurse her any where, grocery shopping, church, restaurants.... doesn't matter to me I actually get a lot of women telling me they're proud of me for being so confident to nurse her. :)
February 20, 2010 at 7:13pm · Like

Lisa Cantrell I nursed Rich for 3 1/2 years and never hid. My mother in law didn't really like my nursing him at the table but if her meal was served when he was hungry it was a given it would happen. I wore him in a sling until he was walking and peop...See More
February 21, 2010 at 8:30am · Like

Lillian Sanpere Tarragona Right on Lisa. I too nursed until they were 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. Each one having different needs. I loved it.
February 21, 2010 at 10:18am · Like

No comments: