24 April 2011

TV's Home Birth Story...UGH

Bringing my Notes over from FaceBook...sorry if you've read this before.

by Lillian Sanpere Tarragona on Tuesday, January 6, 2009 at 5:39pm
As I was hanging my curtains I heard a blurb about the home birth and jumped off the chair to catch it. And of course, not to my surprise, it was a bit negative. More time was spent on how dangerous it is and how midwifes are not prepared to deal with problems and "I was glad I was at the hospital, I might not be here today if I had a home birth"..... typical BS stuff
This story was probably done by someone who knows nothing and did not do any research and not surprising, did not call a local home birth provider (us) to add to the story.
Instead we hear from a midwife who got 3 seconds and a lot from an OB. Grrrrrr
Went to their website and I cannot find where to write to them to complain of a shoddy-done story!!

Like · · Share · Delete

Lillian Sanpere Tarragona Ohhh and just a few days ago did a negative story on a birth center in Miami. There was so much more to that story which was not shown. Grrrrrr
January 6, 2009 at 5:41pm · Like

Sandi Sandelier Blankenship I can't find the story, Alice, can you provide a link?
Thanks!
xoxo

January 6, 2009 at 10:00pm · Like
Deedee Miller Here's the page with the newscaster's bios: http://www.wctv.tv/station If you click whoever the newscaster was, it will then take you to a page with their biography, and at the top of that, a link to email them. Also, you could include the ...See More
J
anuary 7, 2009 at 1:56am · Like
Thais Wilhite- O'Leary Did you watch the 20/20 special regarding home births, extended breastfeeding, and surragacy? It was really interesting. The home birth part was I'd say 75% positive. The only negative thing they showed was the actual midwife who was helping in a delivery ended up going into early labor and her baby was breech. But other than that it was a great 20/20 to watch. I'll see if I can find a link to it.

January 7, 2009 at 6:04am · Like
Thais Wilhite- O'Leary Under recently on 20/20 there are links to the videos they showed on the program on Jan 2. Here's the link http://abcnews.go.com/2020

January 7, 2009 at 6:08am · Like
Coral Schieve Here's the stupid story: http://www.wctv.tv/medicalminute/headlines/37173489.html

January 7, 2009 at 6:19pm · Like

No comments: