11 August 2007

The Last 30 Days : New York

I have been a busy girl..
Went to New York with Betsy. (thank you Betsy!) Did the whole tourist thing there. Crammed as much as I could figuring I would never return there, since I want to see the whole world.
-Museum of Modern Art (so I am not a big modern art fan)
-Harbor Cruise at sunset (saw Manhattan Island from a boat and the Statue of Liberty, too)
-the Guggenheim Museum (I like the architecture better than the art)
-Central Park (didn't see enough of it)
-5th Avenue, 42nd Avenue, Broadway (I like city life....so much happening...so many people to see - did some shopping in those posh stores)
-the Italian restaurant (with the mafia guy and his bodyguards)
-Norah Jones at the Good Morning America show (she is so cute and little)
-of course LIVE EARTH (the lineup: BonJovi, Alicia Keyes, AFI, Dave Matthews Band, Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, the Police, Roger Waters, Melissa Etheridge, Smashing Pumpkins, KT Tunstall, Ludacris, John Mayer, Fallout Boy, Akon, Keith Urban, Taking Back Sunday , and a bunch of famous movie people, and also Al Gore)
-up the Empire State Building (which was our back door neighbor at our hotel)
-The Lion King on broadway (opening scene got me crying - incredible work... a must see)
-the Color Purple on Broadway (yes I cried... alot! Very powerful and well done musical; I got a picture with Fantasia!)
-saw Ground Zero (nothing there but machines and alot of dirt, I was hoping to see a memorial or something more meaningful than a chin link fence with some dried up flowers hanging from it)
-walked through Soho (very nice area), walked through Greenwich Village (yes, I went into a head shop)
-and saw my frined from Gainesville, Jana (hung out on the rooftop of the flat where she was staying).
So we got bumped from our flight and was given a voucher for a future flight. PHEW!! that was all in 5 days!
So, remember when I said I crammed it in since I would probably never return there? Well, now I got second thoughts.... I just did not see enough. New York is incredible! So many more places to see... and of course those Broadway shows are still there.... Phantom, Miss Saigon, Chicago, Les Miserables....Christmas in New York would be nice.
OH!! I know the subway system real well now... let's go!!

No comments: