11 August 2007

The Last 30 Days: Home

Mariano and I went to mediation on July 11. We got divorced April 11 and had an order drawn at that time. At mediation it went significantly different. I pay my attorney 250 an hour. He pays his attorney 250 an hour. We pay a third attorney, who does the mediation, 250 an hour. We started at 8 am and finished at 6:15 pm. Do the math.
I lost all my back child support. He had not paid one penny of support since 2003. My child support which its amount was decided in April got cut in half. The house which we had agreed prior to this day that we would split the profits 50/50 went way wrong. Instead of 75K, I pay him 95K. So financially, I got shat on. But, as my attorney reminded me... you have your house, your family and your dignity. He has nothing but money. OK, yeah I can dig that. It's just that...
He has no obligations! Ethically he does, but he does not see it that way. There are too numerous financial obligations to mention. He feels none are his. Ethically, he should.
So I refinanced the house with the bank and got a little extra so I could not just buy him out and get the house back, but also to buy a little condo apartment that I can then rent out. Well, I am "renting" it out to one of my boys. Intermission...
OK, I'm back. Got me some French bread with Danish butter and a glass of German wine, Spatlese. The world is awesome. Hmm American chocolate...
So all this banking took some work. And some ass kicking!
Gave my landlord notice that I would move out by August 10th. Now, Mariano gets to stay in the house until I get back from Spain in October. I don't leave until the 15th of August. I did a mad dash to move everything out. It is now stored in my house which I cannot live in yet. So basically I am homeless for 5 days. I am staying at my son's house for now.
Let's see what else...
Moved Leon out of FSU and now have his stuff in storage. I drove him to Jacksonville a few days ago so he could visit my brother in St Croix. You do know that we in Tally drive all the way to Jacksonville because the flights are significantly lower from there, yes? It was a nice drive. In the middle of my move. He is having a very nice time with my bro.
Oh yeah, and my son Kristopher and his girl split up. She kicked him out, basically, and I took him in. So we moved him into my house (the one I just moved out of) and of course 2 weeks later we moved him out as well since it was my moving day. He is now staying at his sister Layla's house. Until I get back from Spain, at which time he will live with me at my house. And we will do th emove all over again.
Enough? Let's see, what else. Oh yeah... I have my regular life too. I go to work, I am on call, etc

1 comment:

Inga said...

YOU kick ass!

you my dear are one of my favorite people! your strength is amazing.