08 September 2008

Birth Gathering


It was a lovely day today. I headed out to Silver Lake for our annual Birth Gathering. Many of my older and newer clients came, and like always I smiled all day from seeing all these lovely families. (My jaw is a little achy)

Turns out many of my clients made friends with other clients at past gatherings. So of course, I realize this is another example of how our birthing practice creates community.
The food was great, so many tastes, from juicy seasoned ribs to vegan scrumptious salads. Food was plentiful.

The children, oh the children, I must say are all beautiful. We had several red-haired babies there. I love it!!
My ballet group showed up. Their kids now moving into their teens.
A few I had not seen in years.
I wish I could have spent more time with each of them, it is so hard though, so we kiss and hug, take pictures, catch up and then mingle.
Or go down to the lake, our beautiful lake.
I am looking forward to many more of these

No comments: